Compiling errors on VS2012

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd April 2014, 12:50

Compiling errors on VS2012

Hello, folks. I'm attempting to compile tiles using Visual Studio 2012 and it's throwing some errors. Can anyone help me understand these so I can fix them? It has been a while since I've tried to compile anything. Any help is appreciated.

Code:
Error   1   The OutputPath property is not set for project 'dat.csproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='AnyCPU'.  This error may also appear if some other project is trying to follow a project-to-project reference to this project, this project has been unloaded or is not included in the solution, and the referencing project does not build using the same or an equivalent Configuration or Platform.   dat
Error   14   error C1017: invalid integer constant expression   C:\Users\user\Desktop\DCSS\crawl\crawl-ref\source\cloud.cc   354   1   crawl
Error   42   error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\rng.cc': No such file or directory   C:\Users\user\Desktop\DCSS\crawl\crawl-ref\source\MSVC\c1xx   crawl
Error   80   error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\tagstring.cc': No such file or directory   C:\Users\user\Desktop\DCSS\crawl\crawl-ref\source\MSVC\c1xx   crawl
Error   87   error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'build.h': No such file or directory   C:\Users\user\Desktop\DCSS\crawl\crawl-ref\source\version.cc   9   1   crawl
Current foes list: duvessa, TheDefiniteArticle

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd April 2014, 13:37

Re: Compiling errors on VS2012

For the record, I have used msysgit to clone the repository, but when I try to run make, I get:

$ make
sh.exe": make: command not found

I'm not married to the idea of using VS2012, so if anyone can tell me why make isn't working, I'm happy to use it instead.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd April 2014, 13:52

Going back to msysgit, it looks like I used the full installer rather than the netinstaller. The full installer doesn't come with make for whatever reason. I'm dropping the netinstaller on my box now. Hopefully that sorts everything out for me. >:[
Last edited by skjarl on Friday, 25th April 2014, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd April 2014, 14:39

Ok, that fixed the problem with make and I was able to properly compile a .15 build. I had to experiment a bit to find out what resources it needed from the build directory in order to run (fonts, databases, etc). But it works now. I hope this post can help someone else in the future.

For this message the author skjarl has received thanks:
Patashu

Return to Technical Support