Trunk Build Updates

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 21st March 2014, 17:00

Trunk Build Updates

Hi Guys,

The trunk builds haven't been updated since 2-26. Was this automated, and something broke, or was someone manually compiling and uploading builds, and now they've got more important things to do?

Just curious if it's likely to be fixed anytime soon. If not I suppose I'd better figure out how to compile it myself.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 21st March 2014, 20:40

Re: Trunk Build Updates

That's like n-th topic about this already.

A bit of a shameless plug, but here is my guide to setting it up on windows for easy updates/compiling:
http://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comm ... pdates_on/
On linux it's the same thing, without msys part, and with installing some required packages. They are mentioned in INSTALL.txt I think.

It's really worth it because it takes almost no time to set up, you can update whenever you want, and can easily switch to different branches (for testing in-development stuff).

For this message the author MIC132 has received thanks:
damiac

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 27th March 2014, 19:25

OK, I've got this all set up, and I'm compiling myself. Thanks for the help.

Now, back to my original question. Does anyone know what's going on with the automatic trunk updates? Is there a known reason why they're not happening? Is there any reason to expect they will resume again at some point?

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 27th March 2014, 20:12

From another thread regarding this topic:
MarvinPA wrote:This is probably a side-effect of the server move, along with CDO console still being down, and presumably will be fixed whenever Napkin, who hosts the Tavern and Mantis and the development wiki and Wordpress and all of the trunk builds and probably more stuff that I'm forgetting about, has time to get to it.

In other words: If and when the crawl.develz.org webmaster finds time to look into it.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 27th March 2014, 20:19

So he is aware of it? That's all I'm really asking.
Damn, that's a lot for one guy to handle. In the meantime, is there any handy repository where those of us who are compiling our own builds could put them, for those who are not so technically daring? Also, how do you break the crawl stuff out of the msys directory, so you can have a nice little zip file, like the automated builds are?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 28th March 2014, 18:25

make install DESTDIR="wherever you want to put your nice little zipfile contents"
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 28th March 2014, 19:19

Oh cool.

OK, last thing. Is it possible for me to upload the install to the crawl site, so other people who are afraid of compiling can have the newest version of windows tiles trunk? I wouldn't mind helping out fellow crawlers.

Return to Technical Support