Need help playing in windowed mode (tiles)

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th March 2011, 01:12

Need help playing in windowed mode (tiles)

Hello. I have followed the only instructions I could find online, but they didn't work for me. I went into my tiles_options text file in my settings folder and changed #title_full_screen=true to #title_full_screen=false, as well as removing the # and leaving the false, and removing the # and making it true. I also tried changing the #title_window_height and #title_window_width to suitable values in various combinations with the other change. All seem to have no effect when I start Crawl, it stays fullscreen. I want to be able to play in windows mode so I can stream it. I have tried this with the current stable release and the trunk both. Thank you for reading, and please help if you are able.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 26th March 2011, 01:46

Re: Need help playing in windowed mode (tiles)

In your init.txt file, make sure you have this line uncommented (meaning there is no # in front of it):
  Code:
include = tiles_options.txt

Just to help clear up your confusion a little, if any line has the # in front of it, it will not be read by the game. So any options you are trying to set need to have the # removed.

For this message the author sxoz has received thanks:
NickGiac

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th March 2011, 03:13

Wow, that was fast. Thank you very much, it is working perfectly now. I didn't understand the purpose of the #, but your explanation made it clear. I had assumed I probably wouldn't get a response for days!

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 26th March 2011, 07:45

Glad it's working!

Return to Technical Support