Debian trunk broken?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 6th March 2014, 19:24

Debian trunk broken?

Hi,

I've noticed that Debian trunk builds have not been updated since the 27th of January... Are you aware of any issues?
http://crawl.develz.org/debian/pool/trunk/c/crawl/

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 6th March 2014, 20:50

Re: Debian trunk broken?

Trunk binaries in general are rarely updated. The Windows binary was last changed in February, and the Mac OSX ones in November of last year. I recommend playing online or compiling yourself if you want to keep on top of the lastest Trunk changes.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 13th March 2014, 14:13

Who is in charge of updating those? Couldn't it be automated maybe? On windows I have git setup and update/recompile myself every two days or so, but I'm not that often on linux an can't be bothered to set it up there.. And it updating automatically was quite convenient.
And I dislike playing online.. No mouse (very useful for inventory, I play with keyboard generally, but some things are way easier with mouse),lack of right-side of ui (ability to glance at any time at my inventory is great), and the delay kills it for me.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 13th March 2014, 14:27

From this thread:
(This is probably a side-effect of the server move, along with CDO console still being down, and presumably will be fixed whenever Napkin, who hosts the Tavern and Mantis and the development wiki and Wordpress and all of the trunk builds and probably more stuff that I'm forgetting about, has time to get to it. Compiling is really surprisingly easy if you just follow the Windows/msysGit instructions in INSTALL.txt, but if you don't want to do that you will just have to be patient and collect dust for a little while).

If you know how to handle git (you are already doing in on windows) it shouldn't be too hard for you to compile on linux. Just apt-get the packages listed in the INSTALL.txt and type make.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 13th March 2014, 20:27

It's not a problem to build it, but it's just so much easier if it's under packet manager's control.

If the automation is broken, it'd be good to take a look at it. If you need someone to build and upload it on nightly basis, I could easily do that and offer my resources.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 10th April 2014, 01:48

Yeah, new version is out and still debs are not updated, it seems.

As an average dumb Ubuntu user, I am so used to deb installing and doing it from source can be a drag sometimes, if debs were supported it would be awesome. :D

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 24th April 2014, 21:30

I've just updated the Debian repository with 0.14.0 and the current version of trunk, for those paying attention to this thread.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 10th June 2014, 06:21

I've tried to install it on armel Debian from
deb http://crawl.develz.org/debian crawl 0.14
as indicated on downloads page, but fail to see tiles package, just tiles-data. Maybe I am doing something wrong since I have nearly no debian experience.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 26th July 2015, 21:29

sgrunt wrote:I've just updated the Debian repository with 0.14.0 and the current version of trunk, for those paying attention to this thread.

Are you still around? I, for one, would be much interested in an updated .deb trunk!

EDIT: at least, deb files are available for each stable release. This could be mentioned on the download page, as for some it may be simpler to install the game that way than to download the game via a PPA.

And for trunk, could there be a PPA, too?

Return to Technical Support