Wizmode: Load from dump

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 31st January 2014, 09:16

Wizmode: Load from dump

Sometimes I want to run a quick fsim simulation and wizmode offers a command to load a character from a dump file (command &#). This would be quite useful for this purpose. However it recreates my character from the dump only partially (in the best case) or not at all.

Are there some hidden tricks in using this command or does it just not work properly?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 31st January 2014, 12:21

Re: Wizmode: Load from dump

Yeah, it only loads stats and skills. It could be improved, but it requires text parsing which can be painful to write. Especially items. Other stuff (species, background, spells) could be added relatively easily. But that wouldn't help at all for the main application which is fsim. Only inventory loading would, but as I said, parsing item name doesn't sound fun.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 31st January 2014, 12:42

galehar wrote:Yeah, it only loads stats and skills. It could be improved, but it requires text parsing which can be painful to write. Especially items. Other stuff (species, background, spells) could be added relatively easily. But that wouldn't help at all for the main application which is fsim. Only inventory loading would, but as I said, parsing item name doesn't sound fun.

Which source files are relevant regarding this functionality? Maybe I'll give it a try, I kind of want this feature (at least for weapons).

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 31st January 2014, 13:37

wiz-you.cc
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
Tedronai

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 31st January 2014, 13:38

galehar wrote:wiz-you.cc

Thanks! Perhaps I'll cook something up over the course of the next few weeks :)

Return to Technical Support