Tutorial in Webtiles

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 29th December 2013, 21:59

Tutorial in Webtiles

Hey, so I was introducing a friend to DCSS and of course I thought the quickest and easiest way to just jump in is to pop in to webtiles. So I had my friend jump into webtiles and I spent a minute or so kind of showing him around a little, and then I was like "Hey, you should run through the tutorial, it's short and fairly informative"

Then I realized I had no idea how to start a tutorial game from webtiles (At least from CAO)

Is there a way to do that? And if not, should there be?

I think of webtiles as the quickest and easiest way to introduce a new player to DCSS, but of course I primarily play offline (because of lag) and console (Because I'm old school and my pattern recognition is faster looking at colored letters than at tile images) so it had never occurred to me until just now that the tutorial wouldn't be accessible by webtiles.

I'd imagine that a link to *just the tutorial* from the DCSS main site would be a nice thing for people who land there, after all it's not like you really need an account or a score or anything to play it.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 29th December 2013, 23:51

Re: Tutorial in Webtiles

CAO doesn't have the tutorial at the moment, but CSZO, CLAN, and RHF all do. Tutorial saves are in the same directory as regular saves, though, so you can't have both kinds of game in the same version on the same server at the same time (unlike sprint and zotdef).

Return to Technical Support