running crawl on new computer

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 00:53

running crawl on new computer

several months ago I bought a new Toshiba satellite. I recently tried running crawl for the first time on it and the window for the game seems like it extends past the screen and I lose information on the right side or lift depending on how I move it. running windows 8, tried playing around with some screen resolution properties but the settings that are lower than recommended make everything look huge. Any advice on how to make the game window smaller?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 02:06

Re: running crawl on new computer

Console or tiles?

(Probably the answer for either is to set your "DPI" under "RightclickDesktop->personalize->Display" to 100%)

If it's console, try to set the window size with the mouse (Like you would any other window), then exit the game and come back in, you may also want to fiddle with the font size.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Technical Support