Defining "--more--" prompt exceptions

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2013, 13:14

Defining "--more--" prompt exceptions

Hello there,

is there a way to keep the --more-- prompt for the message window enabled while defining exceptions that are NOT supposed to bring it up? I started playing magic using characters recently, and having to press an additional key every time Vehumet "accepts my kill" or "restores my power" is starting to tick me off.

Basically, what I'm looking for is something like the pair of runrest_ignore_message / runrest_stop_message options, only for the --more-- prompt instead. I already found force_more_message in the init file to force the prompt on specific messages, but couldn't find its respective counterpart to IGNORE it.

A similar issue has been brought up here before (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5932), but as I understand it, that guy used a different approach in the end which doesn't work in my case, and I can't see a LUA scripting solution either (though I have to admit my knowledge of scripting languages is kinda limited).

Any ideas? I'm playing 0.13 webtiles on CSZO, if it matters.

Thank you,
e.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2013, 15:42

Re: Defining "--more--" prompt exceptions

Vehumet messages don't trigger a more. You're probably getting the more prompt when the messages for a turn don't fit in the message window. To avoid this, use show_more = false and/or increase the size of the message window (msg_min_height and msg_max_height).
Setting show_more to false only disable the more triggered by overflowing the message window. You'll still get more prompt for important messages.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support