how to stop autoexplore when summon leaves

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 27th March 2023, 17:23

how to stop autoexplore when summon leaves

Hello,

I would like to set an option init.txt that will stop auto explore when my spellforged servitor leaves. I have tried the following, which don't work:

Code:
 runrest_stop_message ^= Your spellforged servitor disappears in a puff of smoke!
 explore_stop = Your spellforged servitor disappears in a puff of smoke!

I can't figure out how to do it. Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 28th March 2023, 23:22

Re: how to stop autoexplore when summon leaves

An interesting bug of sorts: messages are auto-capitalized, and at least in my testing it seems that runrest_stop_message is checked before the capitalization is applied for this message. So "Your" doesn't match, it would need to be "your".

In general though it's often a good idea to be less exact when writing these rules, though, so for example just "runrest_stop_message ^= servitor disappears" would work, or use "disappears in a puff of smoke" to match all sorts of things (the latter exactly undoes the default ignore).

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 29th March 2023, 01:20

Re: how to stop autoexplore when summon leaves

Thanks for your help! I didn't realize that matching a message fragment will trigger the rule. Even then I probably would have tried the beginning of the message and got snagged by the capitalization error, so both pieces of information are very helpful!

Return to Technical Support