Irc bots nerfed!!

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 17th March 2015, 16:24

Irc bots nerfed!!

Now that the server milestone criers only report late-game milestones, is there a chance we could get a dedicated IRC channel where ALL milestones are broadcast?

There are still many of us who like to see the spam. Ideally if this were now done, we could report on anything that actually creates a milestone at all, and apply zero filtering, since this would be a dedicated spam channel.

I for one, really really enjoy reading the milestones, and would love to see this.

If for some reason, this is not feasible, would it be possible for me to write my own? I'm guessing that this would require installing custom software on each server out there that the ongoing games somehow hook into? Or at least some sort of `tail -f ` listener on the milestone logs on those servers?

For this message the author Moose has received thanks:
neil

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 17th March 2015, 23:44

Re: Irc bots nerfed!!

Moose wrote:Now that the server milestone criers only report late-game milestones, is there a chance we could get a dedicated IRC channel where ALL milestones are broadcast?

I agree, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I did register ##crawl-announce for that purpose.

I also wanted to add a tag in the messages for sprint and zotdef, and for non-trunk versions.

Patches (or pull requests) welcome!

Return to Technical Support