Webtiles stuck on "Loading..."

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 14th February 2015, 17:23

Webtiles stuck on "Loading..."

For the past three weeks webtiles has been non functional. Whenever I go on any of the servers I get the black screen with "loading..." when I first enter the site. I use Chrome for a browser, but just to see if it worked on Firefox I downloaded it and tried it there. For about a week it did succeed in loading the website. However just recently even Firefox has the same occurring problem. The browser itself is indicating that it is trying to load.

This is a very vague problem with not much information, I know. But I don't know much about why it would do this.

Thank you for your help.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 14th February 2015, 17:34

Re: Webtiles stuck on "Loading..."

Which webtiles. There are several sites with webtiles.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 14th February 2015, 17:37

All of them I tried, CAO, CSZO etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 15th February 2015, 02:13

Ok so I've done some looking around in what is actually causing this. It seems it is a security issue of sort, my browser(s) isn't allowing me to access the webpages because the sites use accounts with passwords and usernames. However, because the site isn't encrypted with an SSL (https://), it won't allow me to access the page anymore. I'm still at a loss of how to fix the problem or why it even started in the first place, because it always worked without issues before no matter what pc I was using.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 15th February 2015, 13:09

zorafm wrote:Ok so I've done some looking around in what is actually causing this. It seems it is a security issue of sort, my browser(s) isn't allowing me to access the webpages because the sites use accounts with passwords and usernames. However, because the site isn't encrypted with an SSL (https://), it won't allow me to access the page anymore. I'm still at a loss of how to fix the problem or why it even started in the first place, because it always worked without issues before no matter what pc I was using.

CSZO and CPO both provide HTTPS: do those links work for you?

If you have an extension like HTTP Everywhere, you might try adding an exception for the other webtiles sites.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 15th February 2015, 17:55

I am not using any extensions on my browser.

I have tried both of the links listed, and CSZO (The main server I usually played on) does the same "loading.." problem. After about ten minutes of "loading..." it will declare "The Websocket connection was closed. Reload to try again." I tried CPO and it prompted me to enter my username and password. Because I had not set up an account on that server, I attempted to set one up. After entering in all the account creation info and pressing register nothing happened, except for the "Register" text at the top of the registration box changing to "...". I've used the developer tools on Firefox and a line of text will pop up after refreshing saying "The connection to wss://crawl.s-z.org/socket was interrupted while the page was loading." when I looked at the console box, that's with all the servers. I also tried to see if the same type of thing would show up in chrome's console box, but nothing did. I'm wondering why it's so random though, because now after trying it on my desktop pc just now, it works. But a week ago it didn't. Also it worked on my laptop with firefox for a time, but now even with firefox it fails to work on my laptop.

Thanks.

Return to Technical Support