Game already in progress...

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 5th November 2013, 03:40

Game already in progress...

When it's not.

Game froze up, terminal would not respond for an extended period of time (about an hour) and I couldn't get it to respond.

Killed terminal, logged back in, tried to start my game and I was kicked out immediately, tried to join again and it told me my game was "already in progress"

Logged in under "Seigurt"
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 27th November 2013, 05:13

Re: Game already in progress...

Same problem here.
Is there any way to stop my current game or reconnect to the process?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 27th November 2013, 11:01

Re: Game already in progress...

ololoev wrote:Same problem here.
Is there any way to stop my current game or reconnect to the process?

It looks like you managed to get in. Usually this happens when you lose your network connection; the server end of the connection will time out, saving your game, after several minutes (10 to 15).

If webtiles as a whole hangs (which happens occasionally on CAO, and much more rarely on the other servers) it could be stuck longer than that (and requires manual admin intervention to un-hang). But in that situation people won't be able to get to the webtiles lobby either (console would give the "Game already in progress" if you had a webtiles game, or webtiles observers).

Return to Technical Support