Too much AI for TAB

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 22:22

Too much AI for TAB

I've got a problem in CLAN 0.13 webtiles version - sometimes, when I use auto-fight, my character instead of simple attacking foes tries to reed scrolls and use them on enemies. Bad thing, he usually does it successfully. Worst thing, the scroll usually is Blink Scroll.
I wasted 3 BS this way, used Magic Mapping once and got message about me not having "such item" three times in a row somewhere between TABs (This thing even dares to complain that I don't have any Blink Scrolls to waste!).

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 22:54

Re: Too much AI for TAB

You probably hit the '`' button, which repeats your previous command, rather than the tab button.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 22:58

It is completely impossible for autofight to do anything like that. It only moves you toward enemies or attacks them in melee. wheals's explanation looks plausible to me.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 16th October 2013, 05:46

wheals wrote:You probably hit the '`' button, which repeats your previous command, rather than the tab button.

nope
reaver wrote:It is completely impossible for autofight to do anything like that. It only moves you toward enemies or attacks them in melee. wheals's explanation looks plausible to me.

Impossible or not, it did it.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 16th October 2013, 09:40

Autofight uses the r key to center the cursor when firing or reaching. If some of the keys sent (such as the preceding f or v) somehow get lost, this would lead to trying to read a scroll, corresponding to one of the inventory letters hjkl (the vi keys used for moving the cursor to the target). So most likely it's an issue with some of the commands sent getting lost. Are you having lag or connectivity problems or other general network or computer troubles? If so, you can probably fix your problem by fixing those. This may be possible by switching to a different server.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks: 2
epsilon, MIC132

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 16th October 2013, 09:54

Galefury wrote:Autofight uses the r key to center the cursor when firing or reaching. If some of the keys sent (such as the preceding f or v) somehow get lost, this would lead to trying to read a scroll, corresponding to one of the inventory letters hjkl (the vi keys used for moving the cursor to the target). So most likely it's an issue with some of the commands sent getting lost. Are you having lag or connectivity problems or other general network or computer troubles? If so, you can probably fix your problem by fixing those. This may be possible by switching to a different server.

I think this pretty much my case. Yep, sometimes I have quite a lag on CLAN server (which is weird, I usually have good latency with Europe) and I use spear as a weapon. Sometimes I can even notice targeting part of reaching when I use autofight, so I thought my problem has something to do with it. Thanks for explaining!

Return to Technical Support