Product Branch?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 03:56

Product Branch?

Hello all,
This is my first time in the forums, but I've been playing Crawl for years. I came to the site to try and figure out how to report a bug in the game, but I'm so completely ignorant of these things that don't know how to actually do it. I went and registered on Mantis, but when I went to report the bug, it asked me to select a "product branch", and then upload a file (which I presume to be my game file). Problem is, I don't actually know what the "product branch" is, and I'm not sure I know how to upload the game. Can anyone give me some help on how to do this?

For the curious, I found an entrance to the Lair on D. lvl 10, and then another one on D. lvl 11. Each one drops me off in the same spot in the lair, but taking the stairs back only takes me to the D. 11 entrance. I was a little sad, I'll admit, when I didn't have two unique branches of the lair. I thought that would have been a much cooler bug.

Thanks in advance :)

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 04:57

Re: Product Branch?

Usually when multiple branch entrances are found, one of them is a mimic; so this is quite unusual.

The file upload is optional but I recommend you upload your save file; this is in your "saves" folder, the location of which will be dependent on how you installed the game or which server you're playing it on (and your product branch is as well).

So if you let me know which version you are actually playing I can tell you more.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 05:28

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just opened it up, and it looks like I'm playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.12.2

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 05:32

Windows? Unix? Mac?

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 16:42

Windows.

Forgot about that part.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th July 2013, 20:10

Your save files are normally in "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\crawl\saves" ... on Windows Vista onwards at least, and assuming you used the installer (it helps if you specify details like this, which is why the bug tracker has all those fields in the first place).

"Product Branch" is just "0.12 stable" since you have the latest official release.

For this message the author mumra has received thanks:
Edgarlcarter

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 7th July 2013, 18:14

I appreciate all the help.

I can't actually find my Morgue files or my save files on the computer for any of my games since downloading v.12. Still have the old ones for v.10 that I played recently though. Not sure if maybe I have a faulty download or something, but I've tried everything I've come across online today.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 9th July 2013, 03:05

Well which version of Windows do you have exactly? Did you find the C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\crawl\ folder?

Return to Technical Support