Poison under vitalization

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 20th November 2013, 13:30

Poison under vitalization

While poison is the topic of the day, let me bring up something I noticed in my recent FoFi of Zin game: under Vitalization, which grants complete poison immunity, poison you've already taken does not do damage, but it also does not time out. Instead, it waits until Vitalization wears off, and then resumes at its previous force. Is this an intentional effect meant to prevent Vitalization from effectively being Cure Poison as well, or a by-product of the expectation that players are not fully poison immune?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th November 2013, 13:46

Re: Poison under vitalization

Lasty wrote:While poison is the topic of the day, let me bring up something I noticed in my recent FoFi of Zin game: under Vitalization, which grants complete poison immunity, poison you've already taken does not do damage, but it also does not time out. Instead, it waits until Vitalization wears off, and then resumes at its previous force. Is this an intentional effect meant to prevent Vitalization from effectively being Cure Poison as well, or a by-product of the expectation that players are not fully poison immune?

It's unintended, and it was recently fixed -- having temporary poison immunity (e.g., from Zin's Vitalisation, or from wielding the staff of Olgreb, which is incidentally also a new effect) slowly neutralizes your poison at the rate of regular metabolism.

For this message the author nicolae has received thanks:
Lasty

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 20th November 2013, 13:47

Re: Poison under vitalization

<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
Lasty

Return to Game Design Discussion