|||||||||||| Suggestion

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 27th October 2013, 12:55

|||||||||||| Suggestion

Use runed doors after rooms with items.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 27th October 2013, 14:54

Re: |||||||||||| Suggestion

st made linesprint, so you might want to talk to him.

Could you describe what problem made you give this suggestion? Do monsters come into the rooms with items before you can pick them up? Do you end up going past the items without noticing them?
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 27th October 2013, 15:05

User error. I often open the door before equipping my items. A runed door would be a great way of saying "Hey idiot, take your finger off the 'o' key and equip some items'

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 28th October 2013, 01:11

why do you need to o in linesprint, it is a line

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 28th October 2013, 09:29

Because it's a line. You know you'll have only one interesting thing at time, and manual traveling for an unknow umber of empty tiles is quite boring. I made the same mistakes too, and though runed door should be great mprovements too. I understand the use of empty corridors (for temporisation, escape route), but the counter is that auto explore is really tempting. And it doesn't present the usual flaw of turn wasting or sub optimal exploration.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 31st October 2013, 15:14

Cedor wrote:Because it's a line. You know you'll have only one interesting thing at time, and manual traveling for an unknow umber of empty tiles is quite boring. I made the same mistakes too, and though runed door should be great mprovements too. I understand the use of empty corridors (for temporisation, escape route), but the counter is that auto explore is really tempting. And it doesn't present the usual flaw of turn wasting or sub optimal exploration.

You can press, e.g., shift-6, and you will continue going in the direction 6 until you encounter a wall or something 'interesting'. (e.g. a cross corridor, or a monster comes into view)

Return to Game Design Discussion