Cloak of the Thief

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 17th September 2013, 22:15

Cloak of the Thief

Dunno where else to put this so I'll put it here: I'd like to propose some sort of small nerf to the fog cape. Ignore if it's been changed recently, but last times i found it it was so crazy overpowered. It seriously removed almost all challenge when i got it in a normal game and in a sprint.

No idea how to nerf but keep it interesting so i'll leave that to more creative people just wanted to put it out there that that thing was so strong it made the games unfun.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 18th September 2013, 00:47

Re: Useless unrand revamp: "Bullseye"

Baldu wrote:Dunno where else to put this so I'll put it here: I'd like to propose some sort of small nerf to the fog cape. Ignore if it's been changed recently, but last times i found it it was so crazy overpowered. It seriously removed almost all challenge when i got it in a normal game and in a sprint.

No idea how to nerf but keep it interesting so i'll leave that to more creative people just wanted to put it out there that that thing was so strong it made the games unfun.

I haven't really used the +fog on (Thief cape? I think?) the unrand cape yet... Is it this powerful? Does this mesh with others' experience? If so, this seems like a much bigger problem to address than removing the boots of the assassin (which weren't bad, even if there was a bit of overlap with other unrands... it is not like it is very likely you'd see more than ONE of those three items in a game, barring some very good luck indeed).

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 18th September 2013, 01:44

Re: Useless unrand revamp: "Bullseye"

and into wrote:
Baldu wrote:Dunno where else to put this so I'll put it here: I'd like to propose some sort of small nerf to the fog cape. Ignore if it's been changed recently, but last times i found it it was so crazy overpowered. It seriously removed almost all challenge when i got it in a normal game and in a sprint.

I haven't really used the +fog on (Thief cape? I think?) the unrand cape yet... Is it this powerful? Does this mesh with others' experience? If so, this seems like a much bigger problem to address than removing the boots of the assassin (which weren't bad, even if there was a bit of overlap with other unrands... it is not like it is very likely you'd see more than ONE of those three items in a game, barring some very good luck indeed).

It is (was if was changed?) unlimited fog on demand. I crushed the game with little challenge on my melee guy in a normal game (spot enemies, cast fog, step back to break all LOS, crush enemies as they emerge from the fog and never use ranged abilities) and did the same on a conjurer in a sprint (spot enemies, cast fog, step back to break all LOS, directional cast through the fog). Very little challenge and fun in both cases.

I think i had seen someone else talk about it, so it might have been changed already, just dont know how to find out.

edit: thanks for new thread mods, i should have done it myself, sorry!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 18th September 2013, 04:34

Re: Cloak of the Thief

the robe of clouds, cloak of thief, whatever, the natural progression leads to the helm of lava and the gloves of statues
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Return to Game Design Discussion