FR: Spell memorization menu resorting

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 18:22

FR: Spell memorization menu resorting

At present, the spell memorization menu can be cumbersome at times. It always sorts by failure rates, which frequently change as you train your magic schools. This means looking through the whole list every time that you are looking for a specific spell. I would like to be able to resort the list by other parameters, by alphabetical spell names, or by spell schools, or by spell level. Being able to resort in-game with the / key like the ctrl-F menu does would be excellent. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, however...

For this message the author magicpoints has received thanks:
monty

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 19:17

Re: FR: Spell memorization menu resorting

Yes, the memorization screen can get cluttered after you get a few books. Grouping by spellbook would be helpful as well.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 22:33

jwj442 wrote:Yes, the memorization screen can get cluttered after you get a few books. Grouping by spellbook would be helpful as well.

This would be ideal for me. Currently, when I have a lot of books, I memorize spells by right clicking the desired book in the inventory panel. This option is only available to offline tiles players right now.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 22:36

You can also memorize spells in a book in console or tiles by 'r'eading the book (or by hitting it's inventory letter in the inventory screen) Right-clicking is just a different way to get to that same screen.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Game Design Discussion