Make rod of inaccuracy unrandart

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 06:04

Make rod of inaccuracy unrandart

Yes, I know the chances are you are likely to never find even one rod of inaccuracy in a single game but I found 2 in Labyrinth. The game was too easy after that, the Royal Jelly was killed by the rods, Geryon lost more than 80% hp to the rods, all 17 tentacled monstrousities I encountered were killed by the rods, huge number of Zombies/Skeletons also. Even Elf 3 was mostly cleared by the rods despite Elves have relatively high EV.
I suggest to make the rod of inaccuracy an artefact to avoid having duplicates.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 07:28

Re: Make rod of inaccuracy unrandart

minmay wrote:well until elf:3 all the monsters you mentioned are unambiguously completely harmless so...

Do you refer to Geryon and TRJ here? Even ZoT was easy, shield allowed me to ignore the single dragon who could attack me in a corridor while everyone kept dying to the rods.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 08:32

I don't have a strong opinion on the subject since finding 2 seems like 1 in a million game type of thing, just want to put in perspective the power of the thing by pointing out that freeze cloud rod is as strong or stronger, that vampiric 2h melee weapon vorpal longbow penetration crossbow are stronger, also wand of healing and haste, and that all of those things are as frequent or more.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 08:46

Baldu wrote:I don't have a strong opinion on the subject since finding 2 seems like 1 in a million game type of thing, just want to put in perspective the power of the thing by pointing out that freeze cloud rod is as strong or stronger, that vampiric 2h melee weapon vorpal longbow penetration crossbow are stronger, also wand of healing and haste, and that all of those things are as frequent or more.

Well, freezing cloud has high hunger cost (280 or about 6 bolts of inaccuracy with Evo 27, 500 or 10 bolts of inaccuracy with Evo 5), vampiric weapon is useless in extended and it is not useful to have several weapons of the same kind any way.
I had a rod with poisonous cloud in the same game by the way, it looked like the rods made it irrelevant which character I had, Mu/Sp/Ce/Hu/whatever would use the same tactics.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 09:13

Well, I once found or was gifted a pile of rods in a xom game, and then went on to complete a ziggurat before level 27 while he was tormenting me. Do you want to take away such precious memories?

More seriously, I doubt you can convince the makers since you just got massively lucky, and that's part of this random game.

For this message the author Baldu has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 09:15

Baldu wrote: More seriously, I doubt you can convince the makers since you just got massively lucky, and that's part of this random game.

Yes, I think you are right.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 13:51

The first time I searched out rods for an evocations build intentionally I ended up with seven rods, four of them had inacc on them. I'm currently playing my second ever evo build on the tournament and haven't found one yet despite using all three acquirements on rods. I've also seen plenty of melee characters in the end game with multiple sources of inacc.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 13:31

Isnt inaccuracy a bad thing? And accuracy a good thing?

</troll'd>
My Wins (>25):
15-runer: OPWz, DECj, DEWz x2, VpWz
Other: DEWz, DrWz, DjWz, GnIE, KeCj, SpEn, SpWz, SpCj, MuWz, FeWzx2, MiBe x7.

Crawl Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BountyHunterSAx2
or vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/BountyHunterSAx <--

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 15:18

imo make slaying an unrand because every time mikee finds +20 slaying he wins

on second thought better make mikee an unrand instead since he always wins anyway
Your warning level: [CLASSIFIED]

Return to Game Design Discussion