About the effect of Wand of Polymorph other

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 05:10

About the effect of Wand of Polymorph other

I Really don't like the effect of Wand of polymorph other when using by monsters. A weak goblin carrying the wand can easily ruin a experienced well-equiped(but without amulet of resist mutation) character. And this is hardly to prevent because I dont know whether the monster is carring the wand until he shoot me . I think it may be better to transfer the player into a pig、butterfly or somethingelse temporarily instead giving a bad mutation.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 06:57

Re: About the effect of Wand of Polymorph other

lyraley wrote:I think it may be better to transfer the player into a pig、butterfly or somethingelse temporarily instead giving a bad mutation.

that's literally what the wand does in 0.12+, you can become a pig, porcupine, insubstantial wisp, tree, wandering mushroom, and (I think) a small small chance of spider, iceform, or dragon

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 07:10

So it can actually be beneficial if you meet Sigmund on D:2 holding a wand of polymorph and he turns you into a dragon?

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 10:08

While I don't like too much about wand of polymorph spamming bad mutations, changing yourself to sheep or butterfly can be quite an insta kill. I like the idea that wand of polymorph might actually be useful if you get lucky since it can be useful to monsters too when you polymorph them.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 12:39

nordetsa wrote:So it can actually be beneficial if you meet Sigmund on D:2 holding a wand of polymorph and he turns you into a dragon?

Even mushroom form is pretty decent in many situations, though it's kind of bad if you can't move and your enemy has reaching. But if you're not fighting Sigmund...

Eringya's Employee

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 14:48

I like being blasted with the wand on UC characters, it's hilarious to kill stuff as a tree with branch karate chops. :>
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 16:03

I think we should get rid of this spell "Fullsome Distillation" and "Evaporate". Evaporate's really powerful for level 2 spell and quite tedious to use. And Fullsome Distillation isn't really useful outside of Evaporate.

Oh, maybe we should change spellcasting's listed aptitude score to show the fact that it - by default- trains slower than other skills?

Also, what's with mephitic cloud giving a guaranteed 3x3 cloud? Let's give the RNG more power over the player and have it be random within the block of 3x3 squares.

Fireball's kinda pricey at 6mp; maybe set it to 5mp and round down its power appropriately?

<_< oh wait >_>.

-AHMAD
My Wins (>25):
15-runer: OPWz, DECj, DEWz x2, VpWz
Other: DEWz, DrWz, DjWz, GnIE, KeCj, SpEn, SpWz, SpCj, MuWz, FeWzx2, MiBe x7.

Crawl Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BountyHunterSAx2
or vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/BountyHunterSAx <--

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 16:40

I have been playing tons of crawl games and I had NO idea that monsters can actually polymorph you! This is totally hilarious! This must be an insanely rare thing, however, unless I have just been getting unlucky (or is it lucky?)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 28th April 2013, 16:45

jaega1 wrote:I have been playing tons of crawl games and I had NO idea that monsters can actually polymorph you! This is totally hilarious! This must be an insanely rare thing, however, unless I have just been getting unlucky (or is it lucky?)

It was recently changed, before you just got bad mutations. It's not very rare (and you are lucky).

Return to Game Design Discussion