small items blocking doors

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 27th March 2013, 10:02

small items blocking doors

i play the stable version so i apologise if by any chanche this has been addressed on trunk but does it makes sense for certain items to block doorways?

for example say i'm being shot at by a centaur and i am trying to close the door i came through earlier to force it to close the distance but! he shot an arrow at me while i was going through and now that arrow on the ground is obstructing the door. i mean, ok if it's a large rock or a big corpse, but an arrow? or a stone? or a dart?

maybe there should be the possibility to close doors as long as the weight of the items obstructing it is reasonably small by pushing them 1 tile away while closing it.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 27th March 2013, 10:26

Re: small items blocking doors

All hail mechanical simplicity. All hail the "monarch butterfly corpse" that jammed the front gates open in Boatmurdered.

The way to deal with small items blocking doors is to have apportation. Perhaps apportation should try to move all stacks on the target tile instead of the top-most item stack, but I don't like closing doors just shoving things out of the way. Incidentally, wardens in newVaults DO shove things out of doors to remotely shut them in your face.

For this message the author Psieye has received thanks:
varsovie

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 20:48

I always wish I could apport doors with high spell power, nice way to break LOS.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 21:58

@rebthor: On the chance that you aren't trolling, you may want to check this link: https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7500
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 5th April 2013, 18:19

I wasn't trolling, but it's way too overpowered to be able to do that. Heck, being able to blow up doors with LRD is overpowered. The ability to open or close a door with a level 1 spell is crazy.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 24th April 2013, 03:56

There are several small item which block the door in earlier stages.
But with gaining some power this blockage of door is reduced.

For this message the author colin56 has received thanks:
Carabas

Return to Game Design Discussion