Other Gods' Wrath

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 12:53

Other Gods' Wrath

Cruising around as a Sludge Elf Earth Elementalist, I soon discovered the joy of Lee's Rapid Deconstruction on statues.

That is, until Beogh took offense and smited me after I blew up one of its idols.

Is he the only one or am I cruisin' for a bruisin' blowing up other Gods' statues too?
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 12:57

Re: Other Gods' Wrath

tcjsavannah wrote:Cruising around as a Sludge Elf Earth Elementalist, I soon discovered the joy of Lee's Rapid Deconstruction on statues.

That is, until Beogh took offense and smited me after I blew up one of its idols.

Is he the only one or am I cruisin' for a bruisin' blowing up other Gods' statues too?

Other gods don't have statues. :)

Development-wise, orcish idols are much older than Beogh, but when he was added it made sense to transform them into "idols of Beogh" and have him take offense at the player damaging them.

Now once we get around to allowing followers of Lugonu to corrupt other gods' altars, they will take offense at that. :P
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 13:25

I thought for sure that I saw statues with the other gods, especially in that new late-dungeon vault with the Orphan, but maybe I'm just mistaking altars.

I definitely like the flavor though.
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 21:06

TSO doesn't like it when you kill devas or angels. Every so often, after slaughtering one, your patron god will inform you that He/She shielded you from the Shinning One's wrath... this time. I've never seen what happens if His wrath hits home, though.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 07:42

I think you get cleansing flame'd. I've definitely been hit with that in the orphan vault, but can't remember which of the laundry list of evil depredations I was committing at the time triggered it-- killing holy creatures, butchering their corpses, sacrificing them to Okawaru, standing on TSO's altar while casting regeneration over and over and smoking curare needles and listening to Dimmu Borgir, etc.

For this message the author roguelikedev has received thanks: 2
vintermann, Whart

Barkeep

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 14:07

mageykun wrote:I've never seen what happens if His wrath hits home, though.

Somewhere I saw a morgue of some poor level 27 Demonspawn who killed a Daeva in Abyss, and TSO one-shotted him for something like 260 damage. Dunno if he'll still dish that level of pain -- the wiki suggests that His wrath is somewhat less since 0.7.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Game Design Discussion