Post Sunday, 3rd April 2011, 18:04

Re: Option to autocast buff spells.

galehar wrote:I'd rather have a universal system for allowing all duration based spells to be cast permanently. It's a buff, but I'd balance it by making some spells more dependent on spell power, rather than creating another interface quirck.

Me too! (It's the question of retaining their temporary versions....)

Yes, making some spells more dependent on spell power would help in many ways. And anything that balances buffs and lessens the annoyance of having to cast buffs will be a welcome improvement.

I'm not sure what interface quirk you are referring to. Making some spells have temporary and permanent versions would add a quirk relative to the current system, as players have to choose z or Z. Making some spells permanent only would not add such a quirk. That said, I don't think it would be hard for anyone to figure out that Z is permanent or whatnot.

In any case, the plan for duration-based spells is very nice as is. Balance issues will arise with any plan. If removing the temporary versions would help the balance issues, I'm sure it'll be considered an option.