Minor suggestion for next tourny

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 9th November 2012, 08:30

Minor suggestion for next tourny

We have a species scoreboard and a background scoreboard, so why not a god scoreboard? Would be interesting to see how the best, say, Trog game went compared to the best Fedhas game.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 9th November 2012, 09:16

Re: Minor suggestion for next tourny

my 2 cents : and maybe a combo score board? During the turnament, when trying to work on a nemelex choice, I searched who was playing such combo, and get some idea of the main difficulties/point of interet was a bit hard (The current play board is helpfull, because I found the two other main player working on FeCk, But I still have no idea of what was done with this combo).

On the implement side, I know it's a lot of information that may need it's own page, but I think it's an helpfull idea to inderstand the playstyle of a combo.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 9th November 2012, 13:15

A deity scoreboard is hard to evaluate, because you can switch deities.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 9th November 2012, 18:01

Combo Scorebored: http://seleniac.org/crawl/tourney/12b/c ... board.html

For the deity scoreboard, can use the same rules for "winning a deity", aka reaching 6 * before worshipping anyone else, or simply the last deity (or last one to hit 6 *). In either case, the usual rules for Xom and No God would probably need to be enforced.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 9th November 2012, 18:10

That's why I mentionned a specific page for combo score board. I think it can be help full to have a form to select wich god or combo we want, and if the player has switch or not.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 13th November 2012, 18:34

Another idea not worth starting a new thread for: would it be possible to include the win rate and the games played/won of each combo on the Combo Scoreboard or elsewhere?

Return to Game Design Discussion