New usage for weapon skill

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th February 2011, 18:43

New usage for weapon skill

It may be a small thing, but small things is what make crawl good

I propose to give bonus to either EV or SH against enemies that armed with weapon that character is proficient with

If someone has high skill in, for example. long blades, then he knows what to expect against some orc with falchion. He knows how and where orc will strike even before orc finished his swing. He has much more chances to dodge or bloc the strike then some conjurer, that have seen swords only in enemies hands

Also this will make unused weapon skills at least marginally useful. Something that I really want

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 15th February 2011, 20:06

Re: New usage for weapon skill

minmay wrote:This will create the behavior of players intentionally arming monsters with weapons they have skill in. I wouldn't want to see short blades users carrying around a dagger in Zot to throw at all the unarmed draconians in order to make them less dangerous..

Actually, a monster on the hunt will never pick up an item dropped or thrown by the player. Now, if you got a follower to pick it up, then drop it again...
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Return to Game Design Discussion