Scroll of remove curse message

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 10th August 2012, 23:48

Scroll of remove curse message

Could the scroll of remove curse return a list of items that have been uncursed? Am I the only one that has uncursed my weapon, but forgotten to remove that ring of hunger?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 11th August 2012, 00:10

Re: Scroll of remove curse message

You didn't notice it the next time you got hungry prematurely?

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 13th August 2012, 03:36

I think he means that he's identified it, but he forgets to take it off anyway. This seems pretty stupid: if you don't bother to check what you're wearing occasionally, you're gonna die anyway, so the addition of this would only prolong the inevitable. Plus, it seems that people have this kind of tendency would also not bother to check the message log, thus irritating the rest of us by clogging ours.
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 13th August 2012, 05:57

I have forgotten to remove rings of hunger (or -2 rings of evasion, etc.) plenty of times. It doesn't stop me from winning. Of course, like most every, I usually die, though usually for reasons apart from having no idea what I'm wearing.

I think it's a good idea to list the items that a scroll of remove curse has just uncursed. Giving more information on a relatively rare event like reading a scroll is not message spam, IMHO. In most cases, this information could be added without taking an extra line in the message log.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th August 2012, 14:31

Hey friends, I used a scroll of remove curse message and now I can't say anything remotely dirty when I friend my girlfriend.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Game Design Discussion