Only 4 Bad Guys on D:1

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 6th May 2012, 07:19

Only 4 Bad Guys on D:1

Really wierd, but I just ended up having only 4 bad guys on D:1 playing .10. Amounted to a whopping 70% exp on my Op. Considering that I usually hit level 3 (or come close) by the time I've cleared D:1 this definitely puts a hamper on the early game. Had a similar experience on another deeper D level with a previous character, but I didn't give it much thought.

Any chance a minimum number of enemies can be implemented on lany given level? I'm not looking for XL5 or anything crazy, but at least enough to give me the chance to unlock XL2 spells and what not.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 6th May 2012, 09:46

Re: Only 4 Bad Guys on D:1

bobross419 wrote: Considering that I usually hit level 3 (or come close) by the time I've cleared D:1 this definitely puts a hamper on the early game.

Maybe you didn't explore the whole level. But anyway, it isn't worse that Sigmund on D2. Low/high XP levels are part of the game.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 6th May 2012, 13:05

It happens; this is why I asked a while back if there is some sort of level quota or compensation on later levels, but there not.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 7th May 2012, 16:00

I really appreciate the elastic dynamics on dungeon spawning ... I especially like that there are low-probability extremes in both directions. I'm rarely off-put by a boring level, but when it happens I just forge on to the next level...

On the other hand, I really appreciate the difficult posed by a level with seemingly far too many monsters, which makes for a very challenging floor.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 7th May 2012, 19:11

There is also a starting vault that has nothing but a escape hatch. :D

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 7th May 2012, 20:25

varsovie wrote:There is also a starting vault that has nothing but a escape hatch. :D

And a secret door.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
BlackSheep

Return to Game Design Discussion