auto_drop_chunks feedback

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2012, 14:55

auto_drop_chunks feedback

NEW IN TRUNK:A new option: auto_drop_chunks.
Chunks are dropped only when picking something up would put you over the burden limit. There are two modes: partial one ("rotten") which will drop only rotten ones (none at all if you're a saprovore or know Simulacrum/ Sublimation), and full which will drop any chunks that are going to be of no use. It tries to be smart about chunk quality: contam chunks are worse than clean ones unless they're far fresher, modified by gourmand, mutations, etc.
There's a lot that can be improved: for example, it doesn't care what you're trying to pick up (new chunks should be counted); if you chop up an elephant into 8 chunks it will still try to pick them up _and_ keep an "appropriate" amount of old ones, etc. Which is crippling if your carrying capacity is 200aum in the first place.

I have wanted this option FOREVER.

Question: Does it auto-drop if you have any chunk-related spells memorized (Simulacrum or that necromancy one that restores MP whose name I can't recall) because I am not certain it should in those instances (sort of like availability of training Shields and availability of the Condensation Shield).
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2012, 15:19

Re: auto_drop_chunks feedback

The answer is, uh, how to put it, in the text you posted.
Your warning level: [CLASSIFIED]

For this message the author ebarrett has received thanks: 5
BlackSheep, Blade, nicolae, rchandra, XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2012, 17:00

:oops: SONOFA :oops:
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2012, 23:53

What about poisonous chunks - e.g. if you have an rPois ring you can swap in, or Ice Form.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 22nd March 2012, 00:12

Semi-related question: is there any way to limit the amount of chunks you pick up in the first place? My current character has an artifact melee weapon with a strength bonus, and a crossbow. It's kind of annoying burdening myself every time I switch weapons because the game figures I might as well grab all 5 chunks. I don't use necromancy either, so I figure 2 chunks should be fine in most cases.

For this message the author Tiber has received thanks:
XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd March 2012, 00:32

Tiber wrote:Semi-related question: is there any way to limit the amount of chunks you pick up in the first place? My current character has an artifact melee weapon with a strength bonus, and a crossbow. It's kind of annoying burdening myself every time I switch weapons because the game figures I might as well grab all 5 chunks. I don't use necromancy either, so I figure 2 chunks should be fine in most cases.

THIS.

edible_chunk_pickup_limit=3

Return to Game Design Discussion