Searching for Boots

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 27th November 2011, 21:55

Searching for Boots

If you search for armour, and don't have a cloak equipped yet, cloaks found in the resulting search should appear in a special colour. The same should apply to all other pieces of equipment. This way it's easy to search for a cloak, boots, gloves, helmet, and such without doing multiple searches.

On an unrelated note, if a dangerous enemy appears on screen, is there a way to force a more message?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 05:01

Re: Searching for Boots

Given that item colours are already assigned, and that it's not really laborious to search for "cloak", "boots", etc., I feel that this idea doesn't have legs.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 12:59

Autopickup for missing armor pieces would be nice. I think someone actually worked out how to do that via config file.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 15:01

Galefury wrote:Autopickup for missing armor pieces would be nice. I think someone actually worked out how to do that via config file.

I absolutely agree. For some reason I just love being fully suited. I also pick up and wear gauntlets over gloves... they just feel cooler.

Return to Game Design Discussion