Thanks to the Devs

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2011, 23:08

Thanks to the Devs

I have been seeing a fair amount of :evil: lately and some signs of frustration coming from the devs who are kind enough to come here and post. I don't know if this is actual or my perception, but since I have not seen a post about this lately I would like to say thank you to all of the current and past devs who made this amazingly fun game possible. Just about every other game I play, including AAA titles, are not nearly this polished, or as much fun. I know that in my case, any suggestions I make are not because I think there are serious flaws, but just trying to go from 90% to 95% perfect*.

So coming from this player, thank you for doing the things you are doing.

*Note: My opinion of 95% perfect is probably not the same as other people's idea of same, hence the discussions on the forums.

P.S. bump this if you agree; don't want devs to get burned out from a sense of unappreciation.

For this message the author Yet Another Stupid Noob has received thanks: 8
atte, Blade, dolphin, hxy, sirprim, Stormfox, Un67, XuaXua

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2011, 00:19

Re: Thanks to the Devs

Definitely. Sure, each new update has a dozen features that frustrate me to no end, but then there's two dozen features that absolutely amaze me. For example, the new skill training system. Absolutely awesome. You guys definitely deserve more credit then you're given, but I suppose it's first nature for people to complain.
You see here a dire elephant corpse.
You start butchering the dire elephant corpse with your claws.
You continue butchering the corpse.
You are engulfed in roaring flames. You stop butchering the corpse.
You die...

o_O

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2011, 06:05

Yea the amount of work and thought that goes into every single feature and the way they just keep hammering away at every problem is great. Plus I like the new skill allocation system, its a big improvement.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2011, 16:56

Agree ... the new skill system changes have been one of the most drastic improvements I've ever seen to this game. I know it was a lot of work to get ironed out, but the end result is absolutely fantastic!

Return to Game Design Discussion