Homerow scrolldown in drop menu

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 9th April 2022, 22:38

Homerow scrolldown in drop menu

Might just be in trunk, but now there is no easy scrolldown in the drop menu. I think spacebar is the old button for it, but now it toggles an item. I don't want to have to move my hands from the homerow position to see the second half of my items!

For this message the author blueeyedlion has received thanks:
rigrig

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 12th April 2022, 19:03

Re: Homerow scrolldown in drop menu

Yeah, I find this particularly annoying since spacebar *does* scroll down in the inventory menu, Having different behavior for similar menus is bad, particularly since the drop menu has plenty of keyspace for a non-conflicting key to toggle the current item.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 14th April 2022, 16:05

Re: Homerow scrolldown in drop menu

I have dropped my main weapon multiple times because I was unaware that space not only does not scroll, it selects the first item (usually my weapon).

Return to Game Design Discussion