Show item ability details

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

erf

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 14th October 2021, 19:59

Show item ability details

I picked up ancient artifact ring, and it has the +Blink ability. I was thinking it would be neat if you could press e.g. *b* to show the cost of the blink ability. That is the description, MP cost, and Failure %. This could perhaps be done for other item abilities as well. And maybe also link to skill descriptions? Or too much?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 14th October 2021, 20:59

Re: Show item ability details

Press 'a'. That only works when the ring is on a finger.
Maɟaŋ

erf

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 14th October 2021, 23:56

I was actually thinking about knowing this before hand when reading the description in a shop, so i could better decide if i wanted to purchase it.

For this message the author erf has received thanks:
rigrig

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 15th October 2021, 16:53

I'm not against this at all, but any time you see "+{ability}", it adds that under the "a" menu. Any time you see "-{ability}" (generally "-Tele"), you LOSE that ability, if you have it. Stats are similar; "+{stat}" boosts a given stat, "-{stat}" decreases it. Abilities are also mentioned (in somewhat general terms) in the item's description, along with any other traits of the weapon.

Return to Game Design Discussion