Crawl .10 Skill Crash on CAO

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 29th September 2011, 08:42

Crawl .10 Skill Crash on CAO

I have a repeatable 'crash' when playing the current .10 development version on CAO. I put 'crash' in quotes because I am not sure it is actually segfaulting or anything, but it is kicking me out of the game back to the menu. When I go back into the game, I've been placed back at the start of the current floor without anything I've done having been saved.

I made a backup of the save
  Code:
Character "FilthyApe" in crawl-git-af4cf4cc82.
Backing up: successful.
- https://crawl.akrasiac.org/saves/dumps/FilthyApe-crawl-git-af4cf4cc82-110929-0435.tar.bz2

Here is how to reproduce the problem with the save in question. Open the skill menu. Fighting is currently grayed out, since I don't have a single level of it. It is grayed out with a '+'. Press 'a' twice to grey it out with a minus. Then exit the skill menu with escape. It will boot you out of the game, without saving anything that has happened.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 29th September 2011, 09:52

Re: Crawl .10 Skill Crash on CAO

I'm aware of it and will fix it soon. I pm'ed you on irc to tell you to keep fighting enable until I fix it. Also, this isn't the place to report bugs, please do it on mantis. Thread locked.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Game Design Discussion