Remove/Rework ring of flight, scarf of cloud immunity

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 11th April 2020, 08:37

Remove/Rework ring of flight, scarf of cloud immunity

These two items are useful only in very limited moments. And, our dev team removed many items for the same reason. Let's get rid of these items, too. Or change it.

Idea for scarf of cloud immunity. Change to scarf of cloud.
Scarf of cloud: This item create smoke cloud under the feet of the wearer. The cloud disappears in 2-3 turns when the user leaves the location. If the user does not move, the cloud will remain permanent. Therefore, this item actually contains cloud immunity. This item can give players a new defense strategy - Stand back and cover your view with clouds. However, this cloud has a very short duration, so you should immediately come up with a new strategy.

(edit)Alternatives for those who think it's too powerful for a cloud of smoke to last 2 turns: Clouds of the place where the player left will disappear in 0 to 3 turns. Because of the instability of the duration, your retreat poses the risk of wasting action.
Attachments
He.jpeg
He.jpeg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
Last edited by sdynet on Saturday, 11th April 2020, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 11th April 2020, 13:48

Re: Remove/Rework ring of flight, scarf of cloud immunity

I like it

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 12th April 2020, 15:05

Re: Remove/Rework ring of flight, scarf of cloud immunity

There definitely are too many items of flight. Unless I have missed something, there are a potion, a pair of boots, and a ring. We don't need that many items, all with different mechanics (!). I would just leave the ring, give it permaflight, and remove all the rest.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
nago

Return to Game Design Discussion