The force of god's power is only influenced by Invo or piety

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 30th June 2019, 08:23

The force of god's power is only influenced by Invo or piety

I looked at this post and examined the gods who used both piety and invo on the power formula.
bel wrote:Also, it's not clear why card power uses both invo and piety.

Code:
power = (invocations * 9) + (piety * (invocations + 25)) / 27 + piety * (3/2)

It should only use invo. Piety is a consumable, invo is a training choice. Usually, when I want my god to do more powerful things, I train more invo. That behaviour should be maintained for Nemelex as well. Using piety in the calculation is neither here nor there.

《Gods who only demand invo to raise the level of power》
Shining one, Beogh, Chei, Dith, Ely, Fedhas, Hep, Kiku(Skills are different, but the mechanism is the same), Lugonu, Mak, Oka, Qaz, Sif, Usk, Yred
- The higher the piety, the higher the probability of success in use, but the piety does not increase the force.

《Gods who only demand piety to raise the level of power》
Ash, Ru, Trog
- Their power does not require invo to raise the standard.

《Gods who do not require both invo and piety》
Gozag(money displaces the piety), Jiyva, Veh, Wu jian, Xom
- Piety release the force limit. The probability of their force being used can change, but the force remains fixed.

《Gods who demand invo and piety to raise the level of power》
Nem, Zin
- The problem with these two is that compared to other gods, the upward curve of force is irregular and the calculation is complex. Even without these things, the situation is complicated enough. Nem has to guess which deck to use and what variables the cards from there will cause.
- Zin forbids many things. As the player's resource pool becomes narrower and optimal choices for the situation are blocked, players should consider their best behavior with a narrow range of choice. Apart from the performance of God, I think the fact that Zin won only 23 'Wins by God' in the 0.23 tournament proves that he is an unruly being.
- They are already tired from the unique mechanism of power. So I think I do not have to bother them with strange calculations beyond that.

Again, the situation is complicated enough. Remove the piety from the force equation for Nem, Zin.

For this message the author sdynet has received thanks: 2
bel, cliffracer

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 30th June 2019, 11:26

Re: The force of god's power is only influenced by Invo or p

To add complexity, many god abilities use invocations for the power, but piety for their failure rate. I also think this is unnecessary.

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
bel

Return to Game Design Discussion