ctrl-f to search available spells

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 22nd February 2019, 16:55

ctrl-f to search available spells

Now that spellbooks are consumed instead of being kept in inventories, the spell memorize menu becomes kinda cluttered during mid to lategame and sometimes you might miss spells you want to memorize if you spam autoexplore. I know you can remove undesirable spells from your memorize list, but I believe it would be a nice QOL addition to the game to be able to search your known spells with ctrl-f as if you were searching spells from existing books.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd February 2019, 17:36

Re: ctrl-f to search available spells

You can already do this from the memorize list. (the shorcut key is even listed at the bottom)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
Nekoatl

erf

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 24th February 2019, 19:33

Re: ctrl-f to search available spells

I wish the search was incremental, where the search is updated for each character typed.

Return to Game Design Discussion