Xom Temple in Pandemonium

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 31st July 2018, 02:41

Xom Temple in Pandemonium

So if you worship TSO then angels and TSO Fortress mobs will still attack you. So add a little lore in..! If you are near max piety with a holy god then Pandemonium has a chance to generate a Xom vault with four confused angels in a poison cloud. If you worship TSO then the first time a confused angel hits or kills another angel it sets off an easter egg voiceline. And through a combination of Xom's pressure plate, mephitic cloud, angels attacking each other in confusion, and TSO placing angels under penance, all of Pandemonium ended up being under penance because of the faithful angels entering penance when they attacked the penance angels. And TSO comments on this. This would explain why holy mobs attack worshippers of TSO/Ely/Zin.
In Ziggurat:27 born and raised, on the Zot stairs where I spent most of my days chilling out maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-breath outside of lungs. When a couple CK - they were up to no good - started makin trouble in my neighbourhood!

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 1st August 2018, 07:56

Re: Xom Temple in Pandemonium

Character-based dungeon generation is almost always a no-go (yes there are exceptions, and yes they are controversial). That being said, a Xom-themed vault with powerful but perpetually confused monsters sounds like an interesting idea, and would probably be a good fit for Pandemonium.

For this message the author ion_frigate has received thanks:
nago

Return to Game Design Discussion