Fix Wild Magic card

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 28th June 2018, 03:16

Fix Wild Magic card

Nemelex Wild Magic can create explosions around the targets. The damage can be ridiculously high (if you use it against 3 or more targets, you can do 100+ total damage in a turn, without any Invo training). But if the target is adjacent to you, you can get caught in the explosion and die. That is bad because it can easily kill you just after you get Nemelex, and you don't know what the card is if you're blind-drawing from destruction (which is usually the case early in the game).

Either remove wild magic, or make it like Ignition, so that it doesn't damage the player.

[This post was brought to you by a character who died from receiving 50+ damage with 1.1 invo.]

For this message the author bel has received thanks:
duvessa

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 28th June 2018, 06:18

Re: Fix Wild Magic card

Plain summoning with low Invo/piety can summon a horde of hostiles on top of you, or a summoned pan lord can Glaciate you. There are several problems with Nemelex, not just this one.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 28th June 2018, 07:10

I always thought it is normal for Nemelex worshipers to be killed by own cards. It is god of gambling as far as I know, you draw cards, often you are lucky, sometimes they kill you. It is second worst god after Xom for me.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
arandomperson12

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 28th June 2018, 07:58

If you think the way the Wild Magic card works right now is good, then argue for that proposition. Otherwise, I'm sure you can find some other thread in GDD to complain about Nemelex. Please don't derail this one.

For this message the author bel has received thanks: 2
duvessa, VeryAngryFelid

Return to Game Design Discussion