Give Vp a Status Handle

Although the central place for this kind of discussion is on the CDO wiki, some may find it helpful to discuss potential requests and suggestions here first.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 13:57

Give Vp a Status Handle

in the (a)bility menu, give Vp the "choose status" ability. You then choose a status (of the 4 Vp statuses, not of the 8 hunger statuses), and auto-quaff will try to keep you at that status. Whenever you want, you can change your preferred status, or deactivate auto-quaff.

Code:
Ability - Do what?

f - Set preferred status

Code:
What status do you wish to keep?

a - Alive
b - Drenched
c - Thirsty
d - Bloodless

q - Deactivate this ability

Press '!' or '?' to toggle between status selection and description.

It should make Vp less burdensome to play.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DsBeTr, 15DsFiRu, 3DsMoNe, 3FoHuGo, 3TrArOk, 3HOFEVe, 3MfGlOk, 4GrEEVe, 3BaIEChei, 3HuMoOka, 3MiWnQaz, 3VSFiAsh, 3DrTmMakh, 3DsCKXom, 3OgMoOka, 3NaFiOka, 3FoFiOka, 3MuFEVeh, 3CeHuOka, 3TrMoTSO, 3DEFESif

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 05:25

Re: Give Vp a Status Handle

I personally love this concept. It's only a placebo for the overall problem of having a creature geared off of (possibly) the most hated aspect of the game (food clock), but at least it means you don't have to be doing this yourself.

Another thing I would like is some way to shortcut "rest-healing." Currently, if you are Bloodless and need to heal you have to manually drink X number of potions, then heal, maybe drink another if you estimated wrong, then potentially wait for your satiation to drop BACK down, etc.

I would say that if you are at Bloodless and want to heal, there should be an ability that uses 1-2 blood potions and then auto-rests until healed.

Return to Game Design Discussion