Give Vp a Status Handle

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 13:57

Give Vp a Status Handle

in the (a)bility menu, give Vp the "choose status" ability. You then choose a status (of the 4 Vp statuses, not of the 8 hunger statuses), and auto-quaff will try to keep you at that status. Whenever you want, you can change your preferred status, or deactivate auto-quaff.

Code:
Ability - Do what?

f - Set preferred status

Code:
What status do you wish to keep?

a - Alive
b - Drenched
c - Thirsty
d - Bloodless

q - Deactivate this ability

Press '!' or '?' to toggle between status selection and description.

It should make Vp less burdensome to play.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 05:25

Re: Give Vp a Status Handle

I personally love this concept. It's only a placebo for the overall problem of having a creature geared off of (possibly) the most hated aspect of the game (food clock), but at least it means you don't have to be doing this yourself.

Another thing I would like is some way to shortcut "rest-healing." Currently, if you are Bloodless and need to heal you have to manually drink X number of potions, then heal, maybe drink another if you estimated wrong, then potentially wait for your satiation to drop BACK down, etc.

I would say that if you are at Bloodless and want to heal, there should be an ability that uses 1-2 blood potions and then auto-rests until healed.

Return to Game Design Discussion