Passive freeze

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 7th April 2018, 10:34

Passive freeze

I play alot of Ds and i can honestly say all mutations are prtty balanced at this point exept this one. For a tier 3 mutation, it has literally no impact in your game by the time you get this. Like how much dmg does it even do? And does it slow all monsters or just cold blooded ones?

On a side note i dont know why there is 2 mutations that give flame/ice cloud immunity. Tier 3 mut second level should do something else.

For this message the author gameguard has received thanks:
Hellmonk

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 7th April 2018, 19:47

Re: Passive freeze

It applies Freeze, as though casting the spell, to anyone who hits you in melee. It'll only slow cold-blooded enemies but it'll do damage to anyone. I'd be interested to see if it is modified by your spellpower, though, or if it casts at some preset value. That I don't know.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 7th April 2018, 20:34

Disagree that other Ds mutations are balanced, but agree that passive freeze is utter garbage and flame/freezing cloud immunity are the lamest shit imaginable. Imo remove the passive freeze facet and move nightstalker to tier 3, then come up with another cool mut for tier 2.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Majang

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 7th April 2018, 21:03

Hellmonk wrote:Disagree that other Ds mutations are balanced, but agree that passive freeze is utter garbage and flame/freezing cloud immunity are the lamest shit imaginable. Imo remove the passive freeze facet and move nightstalker to tier 3, then come up with another cool mut for tier 2.

oh, by balanced i was merely saying that they all do something positive for your char. Some are obviously much better than others, and some are better at different stages of the game.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 7th April 2018, 21:12

Passive freeze would be fine as the first level of a mutation, where it might realistically roll early and be powerful (or at least useful). But it DEFINITELY shouldn't be the capstone of any DS mutation, let alone a tier-3 facet.

For this message the author Aean has received thanks:
Airwolf

Return to Game Design Discussion