Ashenzari and training targets

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 20th March 2018, 23:31

Ashenzari and training targets

Currently playing a game with ash and training targets are being met and training stops based on the boosted skill levels instead of the base skill levels. I think it should still use the base skill levels.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2018, 00:27

Re: Ashenzari and training targets

Strong disagree. Why ever would you want that? 99% of cases you want to have it work like its now. Cursed weapon and want to get it do min-delay? Just set the training target as normal. Non-cursed weapon and you want to get to mindelay because you want to be able to switch? Just set training target as normal.

Want to get dodging/armour to 27? Set target at 27.

If your suggestion were implemented, to get my weapon to mindelay, I'd need to set a lower skill target based on the amonut of skill boost Ash gives. In case anyone needs a reminder, its this insane http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ashenzari#Given_Abilities table. And the boost varies with different piety!

Just, hell no.

For this message the author le_nerd has received thanks: 7
chequers, duvessa, Realz, Stairdancer, Terrapin, Turukano, VeryAngryFelid

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2018, 00:36

I'd rather have my skills at the levels I want them at if I change gods late game and have the boost be an a bonus that's helpful and useful in case of draining.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2018, 00:43

RC option?
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2018, 01:03

sounds fair

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st March 2018, 06:02

I love options but I suspect OP will be the only person who will ever use it. Draining is not a constant and is irrelevant here (if you want to have a skill 1 level higher, set target 1 level higher no matter if Ash or not) and "in case I switch gods" reminds me "in case I find a heavier weapon", game should not automate such decisions IMHO.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Return to Game Design Discussion