I already bitched about it, and I will again

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 01:28

I already bitched about it, and I will again

I know dpeg hates vibrant language, but this is serious fucking bullshit...

How can such vaults be justified in terms of the game's playability... What sick fuck would think it's fun to solve the same labyrinth twice. Seriously folks ... lets get rid of these idiotic vaults...
Attachments
Screenshot-4.jpg
Screenshot-4.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 1797 times

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 01:46

Re: I already bitched about it, and I will again

I like Labyrinths.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 02:47

Last two labyrinths for me have had that end vault with the three choices, two which end in teleporters. Both times it took all 3 times to figure it out. I hate that end vault.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 03:03

I'm not quite sure what to say. I would think that after the first time, you'd learn to mash 5 before stepping into a suspiciously empty treasure vault. Do you find every Zot or teleport trap in Zot and Tomb by stepping on them?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 03:42

KoboldLord wrote:I'm not quite sure what to say. I would think that after the first time, you'd learn to mash 5 before stepping into a suspiciously empty treasure vault. Do you find every Zot or teleport trap in Zot and Tomb by stepping on them?

Yes?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 07:17

The deal is simple: you use strong language, I don't feel inclined to change anything.

There are two labyrinth exits with teleportation traps, both of which give help (porridge) or warning (if there are traps in a row, I'd start searching).

The OP's labyrinth exit is not of this type, perhaps I'll change it despite the annoying report.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 07:43

Coincidentally I just encountered the exact same 3-row ending in Labyrinth. I had 10 traps and waited it out on each row, got the correct one, then beat up the Minotaur. Thanks for giving me patience, KoboldLord!

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 9th September 2011, 07:56

What exactly are you expecting by calling us sick fucks? Case closed, thread locked.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Game Design Discussion