Rename Stealth Skill

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 2nd March 2018, 17:42

Rename Stealth Skill

So currently there's two different things called "stealth" your stealth skill, and your stealth attribute, this can lead to some confusion in documentation and discussion, to disambiguate, I propose we rename the stealth skill to like "sneaking" or something (or I guess rename the attribute to something else if someone has a better suggestion, possibly) It's purely a documentation/naming change, but it's one that makes some things clearer (for example if I say "stealth makes your stabs do more damage" it's unclear that I mean the skill, and not the attribute, a newbie might think wearing shadow dragon armour would increase the damage his stabs do)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 8
Majang, mrob, Nino, pedritolo, rigrig, Sprucery, Stairdancer, VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2018, 06:09

Re: Rename Stealth Skill

"Sneaking and stabbing" probably. Some characters in heavy armour with confuse spell don't care about stealth/sneaking.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Return to Game Design Discussion