Nemelex and inventory hassles

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 21st February 2018, 09:25

Nemelex and inventory hassles

There have been many good changes for reducing inventory bloat:
  • Merging food
  • Merging wands
  • Creating the spell library

I like Nemelex but I never play him because I loathe inventory shuffling. Currently, Nemelex decks take a lot of space and you always keep wondering if the deck you toss away could be useful.
Can we please do something about all those decks? Put them into a pouch or something?

For this message the author Zhorgal has received thanks: 3
duvessa, nago, prozacelf

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 22nd February 2018, 13:32

Re: Nemelex and inventory hassles

Wandifying decks is a possibility. You could change Draw Four to burn a certain number of additional cards. Stack 5 would probably need a rework to prevent players from drawing out stacks and reusing the ability until they get a new one.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 22:53

With the merging of food, wands, and books, without commensurate bloat of other demands on inventory space... maybe Nemelex is fine now? Just carry all your decks and spam cards in any reasonable fight when you need to make space? It's better than carrying all 20 weapons you might ever use against 1 enemy.

I've found that if Triple Draw is properly abused, the deck supply stays comfortably under control.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 21:19

IMO it would be nice if instead of having decks, you had one hand of cards separate from your inventory. It would require a lot of reworking though.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 1st March 2018, 03:42

If you're swimming in decks, just discard the least useful one. It would be good if Nem decks were goldified or something. However, there's plenty of space in inventory I think.

Return to Game Design Discussion