Make starting ration e in inventory

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 18th January 2018, 09:04

Make starting ration e in inventory

Now that rations are the only permafood make them start in inventory slot e for double-tap convenience. Most games will build up enough that players won't run out of them before they find more and have to = them back to e.

For this message the author PlatinumSpider has received thanks:
yesno

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th January 2018, 17:27

Re: Make starting ration e in inventory

PlatinumSpider wrote:Now that rations are the only permafood make them start in inventory slot e for double-tap convenience. Most games will build up enough that players won't run out of them before they find more and have to = them back to e.

This results in overusing rations when you meant to eat chunks (but like they rotted or you have to obtain more or something), I always = rations away from 'e' if they end up there.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 4
duvessa, Fingolfin, Leszczynek, nago

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 19th January 2018, 13:34

I put rations to "y". That way I will always make the correct choice.

For this message the author Plantissue has received thanks: 3
johlstei, Majang, yesno

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 20th January 2018, 01:32

OK, guess I play that differently. I rarely use the eat command on chunks just eat them when I rest or autoexplore. I set rations to e and vampires put blood potions on q and the times when I want to eat I can just tap a button twice, if I have a chunk it will be eaten if not then a ration will but if I am manually eating it must be important enough to spend a ration on.

Return to Game Design Discussion