Post Monday, 12th June 2017, 13:27

Jiyva and loot (in Slime Pits and not only)

Jiyva problems:
Jiyva discourages players from using autoexplore: each turn spent peeking into useless corners (especially so in cavernous layouts) means less loot for you.
Each turn spent healing means less loot too. So each time you need to heal you either have to go upstairs (which is a good habit to be fair) or drop some ammo you're carrying for this purpose and put a jelly on it.
Final Jiyva's ability encourages degenerate tactics: in order to maximize loot gained from Slime Pits treasury you have to reach ****** piety while standing in the center of Slime:5 and have Apportation readied. Reaching six stars exactly at Slime:5 is very clunky: at some point of having five stars you need to head to Slime Pits hoping that you won't gain sixth one on the way there and that the ammo you've been collecting so far will be enough to reach it when you are there.
HP/MP gain for items eaten is practically irrelevant except for when you drop some ammo and put a jelly on it before a tough fight.

Proposal:
1) make items on Slime:5 jellyproof (or if the loot there is the cost of getting slimy rune for free, generate less items, up to generating slimy rune only);
2) generate only some % of the loot on other floors and consider the rest eaten (has been proposed earlier somewhere).

At first this was all the post I planned. But then...
Jellies eating items were removed. From a new player's perspective it's an unexpected aspect of Slime God. Why is it here at all? Because jellies corrode stuff? So why is there no passive ability that corrodes monsters hitting you in melee as normal jellies usually do? (There is an acidic bite mutation, but it's not exactly this.)
If you spot a grammar mistake in my post I will appreciate if you PM it.

For this message the author Yermak has received thanks: 5
duvessa, Gigaslurp, nago, prozacelf, VeryAngryFelid