Post Saturday, 10th June 2017, 23:42

Ds: Ignite blood could use some tweaks

So ive been playing Ds alot lately and I really love where the species are at currently. I still remember when spiny was seriously useless but now its one of the strongest early mut you can get. All in all i feel like there is good balance between all the mutations. While not all of them are good in all builds, they still help in some way and often times you can adjust your build to the mutation set you are given.

This brings me to my complaint about ignite blood. Every mutation right now is either beneficial or neutral in any build you might be running. Demonic guardian even lets you shoot through them now. Ignite blood however is a detriment to two character archetypes - summon users and, to a lesser extent, stabbers. I mean you could argue that causing fire everywhere is still free damage regardless of waking everyone up or burning through all your zombies, but if you have played a character like that, you will quickly come to the conclusion that its very annoying. Part of playing Ds is adapting to not just floor loot but your mutation set. Ignite blood doesnt let you do this because you dont know which mutation you have until you actually get the third mut of ignite blood/hellfire or using process of elimination sometimes.

I think Ignite blood should give flame cloud protection to your summons too. Stabbers might get boned here but by the time you have ignite blood, you would probably already need to have ways to deal with awake monsters and you could still try to stab monsters without adjacent dudes.

For this message the author gameguard has received thanks: 3
duvessa, nago, VeryAngryFelid