Bodygards for Gozag worshippers

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 5th May 2017, 19:35

Bodygards for Gozag worshippers

Money is power.Power to bribe and hire.What if make able Gozag worshipers to bribe intelligent beings like humanoids or demons to fight on his side like bodyguard.You can try to bribe any intelligent being in your line of sight to become friendly to you for 20...30 turns.The cost must be based on creatures power,goblin needs less than ogre.And this must be moderately costly so that player cant to use it all the time,just as emergency.I want to bribe Duvessa to kill Dowan :D
Another idea-at higher piety you can ask Gozag to send you mercenary.Mercenaries strenght is based upon on how dangerous/deep dungeon level you are.Mercenary is strong warrior.Asking Gozag for mercenary is very costly-a lot of gold and piety ,this must be emergency button.And mercenary gets fixed payment in gold from you every turn he serves you till you retire him or you run out of money.And if he is low on health he will leave.No money is worth dying.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 5th May 2017, 19:45

Re: Bodygards for Gozag worshippers

This already exists in the form of bribe branch.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
mrob, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 6th May 2017, 00:12

If you want to bribe a single target, this is Ely's pacify ability (through any of its heal other abilities). Thus, crawl proves that love > money, once and for all.

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 7th May 2017, 01:28

I just wanna be able to order out for a freaking slice of pizza so that I don't HAVE to be a mummy, or always in a freaking rush to go everywhere, to follow Gozag. Come on, gold for pizza, it's not alien to Gozag's business model...

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 7th May 2017, 14:31

Sounds like you actually want to remove food.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 10th May 2017, 19:55

You'd likely have a chance to buy a food shop if you really need it, but there's plenty of food in the game for gozag worshippers. People have even won trolls of Gozag :)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 20th May 2017, 21:51

I was doing a robin with a Troll of Gozag, and honestly it's not nearly as obnoxious as I thought it would be.

Return to Game Design Discussion