Reassess the sacrifice value of Sacrifice Artifice

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 5th April 2017, 03:43

Reassess the sacrifice value of Sacrifice Artifice

See topic title. Sacrifice Artifice as an "incredible" sacrifice made sense when you gave up infinite teleport+heal+haste in the lategame and a solid chance of having effectively unlimited quantities in the midgame. Now that all of the no-brainer wands are defunct, you're mostly just giving up a path towards a solid ranged offense.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 5th April 2017, 04:31

Re: Reassess the sacrifice value of Sacrifice Artifice

duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

For this message the author Elitist has received thanks:
milski

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 5th April 2017, 13:14

Do sacrifice values affect each other? Sacrificing magic and artifice makes both sacrifices have a stronger impact
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 7th April 2017, 01:22

Appreciate the increase in piety for sac love - I almost always pick that one because I prefer to rambo the dungeon as a one man killing machine, even though it is a significant sacrifice.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 7th April 2017, 01:30

TeshiAlair wrote:Do sacrifice values affect each other? Sacrificing magic and artifice makes both sacrifices have a stronger impact

Sac Love is worth effectively nothing if you've already sacrificed Artifice and Summonings and worth less if you've sacrificed one of the two, and similarly Artifice is worth less if you've already sacrificed Love. Sac Dodging and Sac Armour are worth more combined than their individual values combined. Sac Experience and Sac Courage are also worth more combined than individually.

Return to Game Design Discussion